Maybe he didn’t get the memo that we’re awesome. I don’t know.
But I’ve been writer for two decades now. And if I wanted to illustrate some of the problematic assumptions and problems with the single black woman meme, I really couldn’t do better than my man Vince Carthane over here, making me look like a goddess with his horrific grammar and ignant construction of something that is supposed to resemble journalism at the Florida Courier.
In case you don’t make it over there (I don’t blame you and no, I didn’t add a link…Oh, FINE, here.) I have ingested the nonsense for your reading pleasure. I was torn about posting this, really, because depending on how tall he is and whether or not he’d be into dating a black woman who actually prefers to wear dresses [like that other famous single lady Madea], maybe there could have been a future for me and Vince:
There’s a popular YouTube video called, “Are 99 Percent of Black Women The Enemy?” In that video, around 90 percent of the Black women surveyed on the street said the White establishment is not the enemy of the Black man. But at the end of that video, a White man admitted Whites are still the enemy of the Black man.
I’ve observed 10 top reasons why Black men feel Black women are the reasons our Black houses remain divided and cannot stand:
1. The average Black woman prefers the “bad boy” types who are on their way to prison – which encourages more Black men to act that way.
2. The average Black woman will cuss like a sailor and does not have a feminine voice tone – which encourages some Black men to date outside their race.
3. The average single Black woman ignores half the male population by requiring her potential man to be at least six feet tall – which has nothing to do with being a good man.
4. The average Black woman is obese.
5. The average Black woman acts like she is a “good catch” – even while carrying the baggage of some bad dude’s kids.
6. The average successful Black female hypocrite says she does not need a man to take care of her – but requires a Black man to pay for her dates.
7. The average Black “welfare mama” says she can be poor by herself – and deprives her kids of their father.
8. Tyler Perry is more likely to wear a dress than the average Black woman.
9. Dating the average Black woman is like dating a dude with a weave on.
10. The average Black woman complains that the White media does not report missing Black babies like they do missing White babies, but she still spends billions every year to wear fake blond or red hair to look like the oppressors of her Black boys.
Vince Carthane is a Florida Courier reader who lives in St. Petersburg